Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When is Spencer coming home?

The short answer is that we still don't know.

The longer answer is that he has been extended until at least July. We are hoping that he will come home in July, but we understand that the "needs of the Navy" are constantly changing. I keep joking that I will believe he is actually coming home when I pick him up at the airport. At that point I will hand him the cell phone and tell him to call his mom. Other notifications will follow, I'm sure. :)

Just to keep things interesting, here are some pics of Spencer the pilot:

And for more kicks and giggles, presenting Tricia the pilot . . . well, Tricia who got to push the pedals and steer the plane on the tarmac on spouses' day in Florida. :) It's a good thing Spencer and I wear the same size flight suit!

1 comment:

Elvis said...

I know, I know, it's what you signed up for, but it doesn't make it easier to be apart. (Doesn't that sound like some 80's ballad sung by Journey or something?) I miss the little dude so much, that I can't fathom y'all and what you guys deal with. Even though my brotha from anotha motha won't be around, he'll have an honorary place in the circle when we bless our anticipated little girl (eta Sept 10)a few months from now. Let me know if we can do anything for y'all...