This week I went a little overboard and did an elaborate FHE for Michenna. We started with a scripture scavenger hunt. For example, one of the scriptures was Malachi 3:10 and the item (in this case a picture) was hidden in a window. After we found all 16 pictures, we made the footprints for each prophet based on the summaries on the backs of the pictures. We "walked" the footprints up the back door to the sign. It was so much fun!
Also, we made a cake for Michenna's teacher. It is her birthday this week. I should probably point out that the teacher requested Spiderman, since he is her favorite cartoon character. :) I like the way it turned out, though if I had it to do over again, I would plan the letters in BIRTHDAY a little bit better.
3 comments:
Your scripture scavenger hunt sounds awesome. Can I get more details so I can do it with the YW? You know me---always looking for ideas!
The cake is adorable. I think the writing looks good. Ms. Marquez should love it.
Hooray for your energy. I hope you don't "crash" today. ;)
What a great idea! Your FHE was definitely much better than mine this week. We had a make-up scripture study because we slept through scripture study time that morning after getting home after midnight, read some new books, and then went to the $1 store to get nail polish to paint our nails for our activity (only in a house full of girls...) I wanted our activity to be going to bed early, but the girls thought the nail stuff sounded more fun for some reason.
Your cake turned out super cute! Did you free hand that? I'm always amazed at other people's artistic talent since I have none. I thought your Dr. Seuss bulletin board art was awesome, too. The night before Evelyn was born, my mom and I were up timing contractions and watching a Dr. Seuss cake contest on Food Network Challange. These cakes were more like sculptures than cakes. The winner looked like a Cat in the Hat balancing act. Truly amazing.
No, I didn't free hand Spiderman. I'm not that good. :) I downloaded a picture off the Internet, printed it, and used that as my pattern.
I love the Food Network competitions! Those cakes are truly amazing.
Post a Comment