Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

We decorated Easter eggs on Saturday. I bought 2 egg coloring kits this year, so we had about 15 colors to choose from. I don't think we used them all.



Michenna wasn't so sure about dropping the "shrink-wrapped" egg into the boiling water. She ended up dumping in the egg and the spoon.


One of the kits was a "Zoo Fun" kit. Michenna made a tiger egg. I made an egg that was supposed to be an elephant egg, but there were no elephant stickers (an oversight on my part). So I made a panda egg.


My favorite egg. :)


The only way we could get a picture of us with the eggs was to lay on the floor. We did a "normal" picture . . .


. . . and a crazy picture.


On Sunday morning, the Easter bunny sent Michenna on a scavenger hunt to find her present. There were eggs hidden in several places - including one in the dryer! Michenna seemed to find that hilarious. Michenna was very happy to get to the final clue - the game closet - and find our new DS games.


Church was interesting. The power went out halfway through the opening announcements. Since our piano/organ is an electric keyboard, we sang the opening hymn and the Sacrament hymn a capella. I wasn't too upset since practice hadn't gone well all week, and I wasn't sure I could play the opening hymn. :)

We came home and our neighbor took a picture of us in our Easter outfits. Yes, my shocked mom, that is pink on my skirt. (I never said I wouldn't ever wear pink. Just hardly ever. Really. Okay, maybe I said never. But I thought the design was cool. And pink is kind of . . . springy.) I worked on Michenna's dress all week and I think it turned out well. Her only complaint is that the dress is too short. It only goes down to her ankles. (She was hoping for a floor-length dress.)


We ate deviled eggs (what else?) for lunch and watched National Treasure. (I don't think there was any swearing at all in the movie. How cool is that? A good movie with no swearing. It can be done!)

Last night we finished reading about the last week of Jesus' mortal ministry. We've been reading each night about what Jesus did on each day of that last week. We've both enjoyed it, and I learned that most of my favorite scriptures and parables come from that last week. It was an incredible experience and we are going to try to make it a tradition.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It looks like you had a great Easter. The dress looks pretty. Now, instead of just chuckling to "In the dryer!," I'll be chuckling to "She's wearing PINK!, too. Thanks for the pictures. I still miss you, but they help.
Love, Mom/Grandma vB