Thursday, February 28, 2008
A New Bulletin Board
Yesterday, I was asked to design a Dr. Seuss bulletin board for Michenna's class. I enjoyed putting it together, and I'm pretty proud of it. I actually sketched the cat, the bow and the hat, much to the amazement of the first-graders. All while dancing to the "Disco Limbo" and other crazy wiggle songs. (Okay, I stopped drawing while I was dancing. My version of "the Monkey" [the dance] was a hit.) I think that part of being a teacher (or an "over-zealous parent volunteer" - as I heard myself described the yesterday ; ) ) is being willing to take those risks where in the "real world" you would look like an absolute fool, but the kids love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray for you and your bulletin board skills. Maybe that's what you ought to do instead of piano lessons---design bulletin boards. I know some teachers who would be thrilled to have someone tell them how to do it. Sjon was telling me about some websites that make a lot of money just because people click on them. You'll have to get the details from him or from Melanie, because I can't remember where they were talking about.
I love over-zealous parent volunteers! I would have loved to have had even a semi-zealous parent volunteer during my teaching career. I bet it wasn't Mrs. Marquez or any of the teachers that were describing you that way. The kindergarten class that I taught yesterday loved my dances, too. But you're right, I wouldn't be caught dead doing those dances in "public."
Trish believe me you are cherished as a parent volunteer. Being the PTA president this year for our elementary school I have come to realize that volunteers like you are few and far between. Keep up the great work your bullentin board is BEAUTIFUL. No wonder you are so proud.
Heather
Post a Comment