Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Michenna!

Michenna turned 7 this week. She pulled her hair back in a bun for school. She looked so grown up! She wanted her picture taken with "The Star-Spangled Banner" (the music on the piano). That is one of her favorite songs right now.


While she was at school I put streamers up in the doorway to surprise her. (I managed to catch her picture as she walked through the doorway for the first time.) She loved it! As a matter of fact, the streamers are still up. My piano students have loved walking through the "streamer curtain" as much as Michenna does.



Later we got dressed in our church clothes and went to Ruby Tuesday for dinner.



Michenna also had a small party for her birthday. She wanted a sleepover, but I wasn't quite ready for 16 hours of 6 giggling 6-and 7-year-olds, especially not at 3 a.m. :) Instead, we did "make-overs" with eye shadow, blush, lip gloss, fairy dust (glitter) and nail polish. I'm not sure how much fairy dust made it onto the girls - but it did make it all over the carpet, the couches, our clothes, etc. :) We finished the evening with High School Musical, because one of the little girls had never seen it. (You should've heard the gasps from the other girls!) We sang and danced (I sang along, but didn't dance; I got to sing all the boy parts because no one else wanted to). It is probably better that Spencer wasn't there - he would've had to do something macho just to maintain his dignity. :)


So happy birthday, baby girl! I love you and I am so proud of everything you do!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday that you called me at school and said you were having a baby "tomorrow". I loved the streamer doorway. I think you, Tracey, and Melanie should get together and write a book about how to give birthday parties. All of you do a great job without resorting to making Chuck E. Cheese or McDonald's do all the work.

Susan said...

P.S. Spencer probably would have enjoyed joining in the fun, but his "Man-Card" might have had to be recharged!

Elvis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHENNA!!!!!!

I hope you had a good day... and you're growing up way too fast!


P.S. Spencer would have loved EVERY minute of it... he's a fairy dust and lipstick kind of guy sometimes.... but you didn't hear that from me!

Spencer said...

I'm hurt. I thought that my secrets would be safe with you of all people. The lipstick is only for when I want to look pretty and as far as the fairy dust goes...well...I was in college and needed the money.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like that despite being away from Spencer you still had a pretty special Birthday. I think we must have called you when you were at Ruby Tuesdays. Just know that we were thinking of you.