Monday, November 3, 2008

Athena - Goddess of Wisdom and War

I have a few minutes before my first student shows up - so here are the Halloween pics:


Presenting Athena - Goddess of Wisdom and War (not to be confused with Aphrodite, because "[W]ho wants to be the goddess of beauty and love? Goddess of Wisdom and War is so much better." Hooray, Michenna! I'll remind you of that in 6 or 7 years.) Medusa's head is on the shield.





Michenna reading her bat story at school just before her first book report EVER!



The chocolate rats I made for the Halloween party (I couldn't bring myself to try one):




Halloween was very pleasant this year. It was only about 78 degrees outside with a gentle, cool breeze. (Is this the part where I get to laugh maniacally?) We love living on Guam!

2 comments:

Susan said...

The costume turned out well. Did Michenna go trick-or-treating?

I think the rats are quite realistic. Did the kids like them? I bet the boys did!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen such cute mice! They ALMOST look good enough to eat! Where ever did you come up with that idea? As usual, I loved your pictures (especially of Michenna), also. Actually, Halloween in St. George was around 78, also, and SLC had a balmy 60 something for their trick or treaters! What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving.....you are always welcome to come here! Sure miss you guys.
Luv Ya! Mom/Grandma