Monday, November 3, 2008

I Love to See the Temple (or What I Did on my Summer Vacation)

One of my favorite things about our trip home (aside from actually being home - and Target) was being able to see some temples that I had not seen before. We started at the Seattle Temple, which was under construction (as you can see in the picture). Michenna took the "engagement pose" picture of Spencer and me. Of course, I never would have worn that jacket in an engagement picture. :)


Also in Seattle, we visited the aquarium (not our favorite) and found a carousel for Michenna to ride.


Next, we drove by the Boise Temple, but we weren't able to stop - mostly because it was right off the freeway and we were in the wrong lane. Michenna drew a beautiful picture of the temple, but I can't find the sketch book . . . so we'll move on to Salt Lake City.

Okay, I've seen this temple before. But it was fun to do a few family pictures.


Next we have the Saint George Temple (yes, I've seen it, too):


At the Albuquerque temple, Michenna learned all about potato bugs. She had never seen a roly-poly before! What a sad comment about her childhood thus far . . .


We took a picture of Michenna and Spencer that turned out really well. We also got a good picture of Michenna and me with the sign.


While we did go to the temple in Dallas, we did not take any pictures there. So I'll post my favorite pics from home.

Pretty as a princess . . .


Working out with water weights . . .


Hypnotized by the DS . . .


And last of all, a picture of Spencer and me back in Guam all dressed up at the Change of Command Dinner. Aren't we cute?


I think I covered August and September now. I'll post the Halloween pics later.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love the pictures. I'd like to have a copy of the one of Princess Michenna. Perhaps you could attach it to an email---or could I just download it from the website.
Yes, you are cute in the change of command picture. Is that the blouse that Janae helped you find?

The R. Gudgell Family said...

what about the West Jordan Temple? Why not a stop at my house? i mean if i were on a trip to guam to see all of the temples i would stop by and see you all!

WITH MUCH CARINO!

Rob Gudgell and family