Saturday, June 27, 2009

First Fashion Show

The BX had a Summer fashion show today (Saturday). Michenna REALLY wanted to participate, so we signed her up and chose 3 outfits. This morning the fun began. First, she had to have her make-up done at the Clinique counter.

Spencer doesn't like these pictures because Michenna looks so grown-up, and absolutely gorgeous. He has no problem with the fact that Michenna is so beautiful; his concern is the BOYS who will recognize that beauty in a few short years. And not really personally with the boys (or parasites, as he likes to call them), he just can't wrap his mind around the idea of teenage boys (er, parasites) liking his daughter.


Her first outfit was the "casual wear". We had practiced the catwalk walk (don't swing your shoulders) and the model "pose" earlier in the week. I forgot to teach her the model turn, though. We covered that briefly before the show began. We both had a good laugh.



Michenna's next outfit was her favorite: the dressy outfit. She chose a purple dress that tied in the back. I liked it because it was still a "little girl" dress. Apparently, once your daughter hits size 7, she is supposed to dress in "hoochie momma" styles. We have to look a little harder for the "little girl" style clothes, but it's worth it.



Her last outfit was a Speedo swimsuit. I love this picture, because her model pose is so cute.

After the show, we went to lunch at the 2-story McDonalds to celebrate. Michenna really enjoyed the Fashion Show. Next time, she wants me to walk in it as well. I'll told her, "We'll see . . ."

3 comments:

Kelley said...

So cute!!! And yes, you are right about the clothing selection. I hoping to have good luck in finding Melissa some nice stuff in the States...but we'll see.

Thank you for coming to my party - I had lots of fun and hope you did as well.

later
Kelley

Susan said...

I think you ought to walk with her in the next one, too. ;)
Thanks for posting the pictures so we could share in the fun.

N+M Family said...

Very Cute! Love the swim suit. She is just getting so big, but then so are mine and they are the same age.