Saturday, January 24, 2009

Girl Power



Michenna is at that age where she wants to make money, but she isn't quite old enough to babysit or mow lawns. She asked me to help her find a way to earn some money (okay, she actually asked for a raise in her allowance and I said no), and this was the solution:


Michenna's Power-Washing Service.


She gets $1 for every sidewalk square. The square must pass inspection before she gets paid. She has so much fun - and gets soaked every time.


She's a quirky kid. Today she was so excited because we hung up her poster of the periodic table. Before you get too concerned - about her or us - check out the website http://www.basherworld.com/. This is science on an amazingly fun, understandable level. Michenna has the periodic table book and the physics book, and wants the others as soon as we can get them!

5 comments:

N+M Family said...

She's Great Keep up the good work!
Love Maddy

Missy said...

Hi Tricia! I didn't know you had a blog! I saw your comment on Josh Grimmett's blog. Thought I'd say Hi. :)

Melanie said...

That's so great! I'm so jealous of her outfit - not that I want to wear it but that she can wear a skirt and short sleeves. We slid on the ice all the way to school this morning. Blech! Too bad we can't all come to Guam with Mom and Dad.

Proud Mom said...

The next time you're in St. George Michenna can keep busy cleaning all the sidewalks and driveways -- there are a lot here! I can remember I loved the Box Car Children when I was young and there was nothing better than the Nancy Drew Mysteries -- I think I read most of them, too, but I was a lot older than Michenna at the time. Love you guys!!! Take care!
Mom/Grandma

Tricia said...

I wish I were rich and could pay for everyone to come to Guam. It is such a beautiful place.