Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tour of Guam 1: Northern Guam

When we learned that we had been assigned to Guam, our first thought was, "What and where is Guam?" We pictured Guam as a small, flat island, with little to do and see. Over the past year, and especially in the past 4 weeks, we have discovered that, though it is a small island, Guam is certainly not flat and there is too much to do and see! My brother came to visit, and we tried to show him the entire island. It didn't work. However, my brother took a plethora of pictures and is allowing me to post whichever ones I want to use. :) After looking through the pics, I no longer wonder why Michenna's new favorite colors are blues and greens. I think you'll see what I mean.

I can't remember the order of exploration, so this picture tour starts at the northern tip of the island, at Ritidian Point:

Next stop is Andersen Air Force Base:




And Tarague (tuh-rah'-gee) Beach:


Tune in tomorrow for Tour of Guam 2: Western Guam . . .

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That was nice of Bryan to get a new sweet camera right before this trip. Those pictures are beautiful! Of course, the cute girl featured in some of them is the best part. ;)

Susan said...

Very nice pictures. I agree Guam is beautiful. I'm saving my pennies for a tour of my own, hopefully before next summer.