It was everywhere!
Every time we bought something, the bag was handed to us with a smile and a "Merry Christmas". Shop employees wore red or gold Santa hats. The Christmas spirit carried over into Ocean Park.
We started Thursday morning with a trip to the bakery and breakfast in the park. We took the MTR down to Causeway Bay, but I had a huge concern. The Family Fun Guide said we had to take a bus to Ocean Park. Those who know me well know that I can sometimes worry about, well, unimportant things. What if we couldn't find the bus? What if we got lost? Michenna's life would be ruined forever . . .
Did I mention I'm also good at melodrama? I didn't need to worry. The bus stop was clearly marked. We even had the opportunity to buy park tickets there. We rode on the upper level of the enclosed, double-decker bus and got to Ocean Park without incident.
Spencer's favorite ride was the Mine Train. It was built on the side of the mountain overlooking the South China Sea. The view alone made it worth riding. Michenna's favorite rides were the Mine Train and the Abyss (like the Superman Tower of Power at Six Flags Over Texas and the Maliboomer at Disney California Adventure). My favorite ride was the Sky Fair hot air balloon.
(Michenna note:This is not a picture of the real balloon, in case you couldn't tell.)

We all enjoyed the Cable Cars that connect the two halves of the park. (Ocean Park is built on 2 sides of a mountain.) The view from the Cable Car ride was incredible! We think the ride was over 1 km long - lots of time to enjoy the mountains and the water. (I know we're cute, but look at the view, too!)
Ocean Park had several Christmas themed attractions - employees dressed up as clown elves, a Christmas Around the World display, elf races, and the Ice Kingdom. Michenna wasn't so sure about the elves . . .
Spencer and Michenna went on the Grand Prix racers. Spencer liked it because all the controls - pedals and steering wheel - were on the parent's side of the car. Michenna liked it because she thought her steering wheel was controlling the car. So everyone was happy.
We saw sharks and pandas, manta rays and parrots (not all in the same exhibit). Ocean Park was celebrating 30 years of operation, so the park and I are the same age.
At the end of the day, we were tired and happy. I got a picture with the volleyball wielding dolphin, Swift,
We originally planned 2 days at Ocean Park, but we saw and rode everything in one day. So that left Friday's plans up in the air . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment